Select from our services on the left
As the father of son with Autism Spectrum Disorder, I deeply empathize with clients who have a loved one with special needs. From worrying about a child's uncertain future to navigating IEP meetings and the special education system, and high medical bills- I've been there. I hope to use my financial planning skills as a resource for the special needs community.
Chris Pollard, CFP®, MBA, EA
"We would like an advisor over the course of a year to help us develop a plan for our financial well-being and the well-being of a loved on with special needs."
Special Needs Financial Planning Service
- A free, no obligation 30 minute introductory meeting via phone or video chat (like Facetime, Skype or Webex) to see if we are best suited to serve you
- Usually 4-6 meetings in the first 1-2 years depending on the complexity of the situation
- Annual reviews plus semiannual check in during the following years
- Reasonable, ongoing access to your financial planner during the time of engagement
- Addressing the following areas:
- Net worth
- Personal budgeting and cashflow
- Personal savings goals
- Retirement savings
- Saving to fund trusts for the benefit of a loved one
- Investment allocation
- Insurance planning and risk management, with a particular focus on medical insurance issues and life insurance planning for trusts
- Personal tax strategies*
- Estate planning education focused on caring for your family member with special needs**
- Investment portfolio management
- Ongoing financial planning and advisement
- Access to financial organization and management software and tools
- First year: starting at $5,000, paid in monthly or quarterly installments
- Following years: varies based upon the complexity of your situation and the responsibilities delegated to us.
"We have just one pressing issue to address in a single meeting."
One Time Service
This service is best suited for help with one issue, such as evaluating a life insurance policy or developing a debt elimination plan.
- One 60-120 minute session
- A summary email of the topic covered and action steps for you to take
- 30 days of email support for follow up questions pertinent to the topic addressed
Cost: $750 one time
* Tax preparation, bookkeeping, and complex tax advisement is offered through our sister company Great Path Tax Services. Additional fees may be incurred, discounted, or waived based on each individual situation. We will also work with your current accountant, bookkeeper, or CPA in developing tax strategies if desired. ** We do not offer legal advice or legal document preparation. We discuss and assess courses of action in conjunction with your business and/or estate planning attorney.